Regarding outdoor cleaning, we have learned that the ultimate solution to most outdoor projects is a pressure washer. But, it is not easy to buy one that suits your need, equipped with the right features at the best price you pay. Two renowned, best-selling brands are Ryobi pressure washers and Greenworks pressure washers. Like many other pressure washers, these two also claim high performance and top-notch quality, but let’s dig into whether they both live up to their promises. We will also discover the efficiency of Ryobi vs. Greenworks pressure washers and which is the best.
Table of Contents
Pressure washer Buying guide
Before diving into the performance tie between GreenWorks vs. Ryobi pressure washers, we will discuss in detail a few essential features we need to look for before buying a pressure washer.
Two of the most salient criteria for gauging a pressure washer’s performance are PSI (pounds per square inch) and GPM (gallons per minute). PSI measures the pressure with which the water is thrown out of a pressure washer. GPM measures the amount of water that comes out in one minute. PSI and GPM both measure the overall efficiency of pressure washers.
The required PSI can be low for many applications like a car wash to avoid surface damage. Other applications like cleaning larger surfaces such as driveways and patios require higher GPM for quicker and more efficient cleaning. Concrete cleaning requires both PSI and GPM to be high. Hence, with varying PSI requirements, pressure washers must have adjustable pressure settings for the tool to be versatile.
When buying a pressure washer, it is a common belief that gas pressure washers are durable and last long, while electric pressure washers do not. Where electric pressure washers are preferred due to their ease of use, low maintenance, and noiselessness, gas pressure washers are known for their durability. However, electric pressure washers like Greenworks and Ryobi have introduced brushless motors that guarantee a longer life span.
Besides the pressure washer, the hose that comes with it is a significant decision criterion. Hoses vary in material, from being as flexible as rubber to being as rigid as PVC. Also, their length is a significant factor that makes the pressure washer portable as least as possible.
Just like the importance of a hose that decides the maneuverability of a pressure washer, the nozzles decide the spray patterns. Pressure washers are usually equipped with two types of nozzles. One is an adjustable nozzle that allows you to adjust the type of flow you want for the surface at hand, while a quick-connect nozzle has pre-defined spray patterns. These quick connect nozzles have two spray settings only, a broader and lower pressure spray and the other is a narrow, high-pressure stream.
Although a negligible feature, that might not be your concern while looking for a pressure washer; however, pressure washers with wheels make the cleaning job easier and faster. Carrying these heavy bodies along with their hose and a soap tank makes the job tedious and tiring at the same time. For Your cleaning tasks to be fun and efficient, pressure washers must be lightweight and equipped with wheels.
Ryobi vs Greenworks pressure washer: Some differences
Besides the fact that Greenworks pressure washers and Ryobi pressure washers have many things in common between them. Both brands have models sharing similar features concerning their power, performance, durability, etc. However, a few differences make one better than the other.
Gas and electric options
Greenworks pressure washers are mainly electric, and the company does not use gas-powered pressure washers. This is because they believe that gas-powered washers are more noisy and challenging to operate and maintain than electric ones, which are more efficient and provide maximum mobility.
Ryobi, on the other hand, has a variety of models, including electric and gas-powered pressure washers.
Household applications Vs. Commercial applications
Greenworks pressure washers range from 1500 PSI to a maximum of 2700 PSI with 1.2 GPM, which is insufficient for commercial-grade cleaning and washing.
On the other hand, Ryobi pressure washers have come up with a model with 3600 PSI that is quite suitable for commercial cleaning purposes.
Greenworks pressure washers are equipped with a limited number of attachments. Although many attachments and accessories are separately available, they must be compatible with the Greenworks models. Ryobi pressure washers come with a variety of attachments like foam cannons, surface cleaners, detergent tanks, etc., making your tasks easy and fun.
Ryobi vs Greenworks pressure washer 1700 PSI
Both pressure washers have a 1.2 GPM flow rate and 1700 PSI of pressure. It offers a comparable level of power appropriate for the majority of domestic cleaning jobs.
It is not uncommon for Ryobi pressure washers to be slightly more expensive, provided their association with home depot. Greenworks is priced at $140, while the Ryobi model with the exact specification is priced at $169. The difference is, however, justified in the points discussed below.
Ryobi 1700 PSI pressure washer and Greenworks have a 25 feet long hose that allows you to access more area.
Ryobi 1700 model has a Powerful turbo nozzle and a soap nozzle included with the unit, while Greenworks has 25″ and 40″ quick-connect nozzles and a quick-connect foam cannon.
Ryobi’s frame features wheels and a telescoping handle allowing for easy portability, whereas Greenworks also allows great portability options but lacks the larger wheels.
Overall, if you compare Greenworks vs. Ryobi pressure washer, it’s a tie between Ryobi 1700 PSI pressure washer and Greenworks 1700 PSI pressure washer.
GreenWorks vs Ryobi 2300 PSI pressure washer
Regarding power, both Greenworks and Ryobi have a pressure of 2300 PSI. However, Greenworks has a higher GPM of 2.3 while Ryobi operates at 1.2 GPM, which is a huge difference. Greenworks at 2.3 GPM experience a greater flow rate with the same pressure as Ryobi.
A Ryobi pressure washer is pricier than Greenworks.
Greenworks has a 25 feet hose, while Ryobi 2300 PSI pressure washer has 20 feet hose making a massive difference in hose reachability.
The Greenworks model is noisier and can be a hassle if you live in a noise-restricted area.
So, in conclusion, Greenworks 2300 PSI gives you a higher flow rate and a longer hose and is budget-friendly, which makes the Greenworks model better off than the Ryobi 2300 PSI pressure washer.
Best RYOBI pressure washer
RYOBI 2300 PSI High-performance Electric pressure washer
After using it extensively for a few weeks, I’m prepared to discuss my opinions of the RYOBI 2300 PSI High-Performance Electric Pressure Washer. This machine has generally lived up to its reputation, providing high-performance cleaning with various helpful functions. However, it has pros and disadvantages, like with other items.
- High-Performance: With a 2300 PSI output, this pressure washer is a monster. As a result, it can effectively clean various surfaces, including patios, driveways, decks, and automobiles, from severe outdoor filth and dirt.
- Electric-Powered: An electric pressure washer is quieter and cleaner than gas-powered rivals. Additionally, it is simpler to start; all you need to do is plug it in.
- Portable: This pressure washer’s compact size and strong wheels make it portable and easy to move about, a beautiful feature for more extensive cleaning jobs.
- Practical features include a detergent tank, applicable when you need extra cleaning force. Another good feature is the onboard hose reel for convenient storage and hose protection.
- Reliable Brand: In this market, RYOBI is a well-known brand. Their products typically come with good warranty coverage and customer service, providing peace of mind.
- Pressure is not adjustable: despite the 2300 PSI pressure being strong. It implies that it might be too powerful for fragile objects and surfaces.
- Hose Quality: The hose’s quality could be raised. It tends to kink after repeated usage, impairing the water flow and making cleaning more difficult.
- Price: The RYOBI 2300 PSI is slightly more expensive than other versions with comparable features.
This RYOBI pressure washer model, which is dependable and practical, is something to consider.
My testing of the RYOBI 2300 PSI High-Performance Electric Pressure Washer was positive. It is a reliable machine with some sturdy characteristics, making it a serious contender for people looking for high-performance cleaning capability. However, simple upgrades like a pressure-adjustable option and a more robust hose would improve its overall usage and worth. However, if you require a strong, dependable, and effective pressure washer, this RYOBI model may be something to consider.
Best Greenworks pressure washer
Greenworks 2000 Max PSI, 1.1 GPM (13 Amp) Electric pressure washer
I’ve used the Greenworks 2000 PSI Electric Pressure Washer a lot, and I’ve learned several things that are worth mentioning. This pressure washer is an excellent option for medium-duty cleaning duties because it strikes an ideal mix between power, adaptability, and ease. But, like any product, it has advantages and disadvantages of its own.
- Power & Efficiency: This unit has ample power for the majority of household duties thanks to its maximum pressure of 2000 PSI at 1.1 GPM. This type does the job well, whether you’re washing your car, cleaning your deck, or scrubbing your driveway.
- Electric Design: Compared to gas-powered pressure washers, electric pressure washers are less noisy, don’t need fuel, and are simpler to maintain. The 13 Amp motor consistently starts promptly and is dependable.
- Mobility: You can quickly move it around your property because of its small size and wheels. This feature gives a large cleaning radius when used with a 20-foot high-pressure hose.
- Functional Features: The pressure washer has a soap dispenser and a variety of nozzles, making it versatile for varied cleaning jobs. A considerate innovation is the onboard hose reel for hassle-free storage.
- Reputable Brand: Greenworks is a reputable company that offers dependable customer service, warranty policies, and high-quality garden tools.
- Lack of adjustable pressure setting: This unit needs an adjustable pressure setting similar to many pressure washers in this price range. Sometimes, it can be too intense for fragile surfaces.
- Build Quality: The pressure washer functions well but could be built better. Some plastic parts appear to be less resilient and may deteriorate with time.
- Design of the Soap Dispenser: The soap dispenser often offers a lesser soap-water mixture, necessitating a more potent solution or numerous applications for tough cleaning jobs.
In conclusion, for households searching for a reliable, user-friendly, medium-duty cleaning solution, the Greenworks 2000 PSI Electric Pressure Washer is a great option. Despite a few minor drawbacks, it performs well, given its pricing. Although it may not be appropriate for tough or professional cleaning jobs, it has more than adequate power and functionality for everyday home use.